MacIvory with Mac II Accelerators?

    Date: Thu, 11 Jan 90 17:38 EST
    From: SUHLER@IBM.COM (Paul Suhler)

    With the Macintosh II going out of production, I'm looking for a new
    platform for future MacIvories.  Has anyone tried out MacIvory 2 with
    the Macintosh IIx yet?

I'm sending this message from a MacIvory model 2 sitting inside a Mac IIx.

The use of the Mac IIx has been supported since the initial release of
MacIvory.  In fact, I believe most systems we ship today include a IIx
rather than a II.

We also support the Mac IIcx but only in a standalone configuration as
there aren't enough slots in the IIcx for an Ethernet card along with
the MacIvory.

Genera 8.0 will support the Mac IIci.

    Has anyone tried out MacIvory with a Mac II with a 68030 accelerator
    card?  Dove and Daystar Digital make them, some as fast as 50 MHz,
    although motherboard memory accesses (cache misses) run at 120ns.

We haven't tested any accelerator boards.

    Thanks,

    Paul Suhler
    Hybrid Dataflow Systems
    IBM Watson Research Center