Re: Kermit?

Date: Fri, 12 Jan 90 11:40 PST
From: Montgomery Kosma <kosma@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com>
Subject: Re: Kermit?
To: slug@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com

    Date: Fri, 12-Jan-90 08:41:27-PST
    Date: Fri, 12 Jan 90 09:10:01 CST
    From: lsmith@CLI.COM (Larry Smith)

    Can anyone point me to a version of Kermit that runs on Genera 7.2?
    Thanks.

    Larry Smith
    Computational Logic, Inc.

welllll, I've got a version of kermit which runs--sort of.  Actually, if
you close your eyes when compiling it, ignoring all the warnings and
stuff, it pretty much works.  It's quite archaic--I think it was
originally written in genera rel 6, but it's been hacked a bit by some
others and it works pretty well (I've tried send/receive, send/receive
to a server).  It emulates a Heathkit terminal (!) and while this its
emulator is pretty darn useless, it actually provides me with a reliable
way to dial out on our modem (as opposed to using the select-T terminal
thing through dialnet (ack! barf!)).

Anyway, I got it from Richard Brandau at GTE (address below) with the
following attached message.  If he's not on the net and already
responding to you, I can send along the kermit files if you'd like.

monty kosma
Lockheed Advanced Research
kosma@alan.kahuna.decnet.lockheed.com