speed of CLIM/DW

We have a potential application for CLIM here, that involves drawing
maybe 10000 lines on a screen, each labelled and selectable.  (Not all
of them have to be legible at a given instant, of course)

Now, is it reasonable to expect CLIM to handle the redrawing/scaling of
these objects in say, 10 seconds?  Or are we going to have to use basic
TV:windows and/or special tricks like with-output-to-bitmap followed by
bitblting it to the screen?

Ideas?  Does anyone have a feel for how much "better/faster/whatever"
CLIM is/will be than DW?

thanks,
pc