si:allow-redefinitions

Can anyone fill me in on how to use this in connection with flavor
redefinitions?  I have a file (for which I'm indebted to the
slug-list) which patches up the terminal emulator.  Among other
things, it redefines the mthod (:filter nvt-ascii-typein-filter).
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to write an
si:allow-redefinitions function call that will allow me to do this
without getting a redefinition warning.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Robert