Re: THE database book? books for Statice users

    Date: Fri, 16 Feb 90 14:40:02 EST
    From: Stephen Gildea <gildea@alexander.bbn.com>

    Your summary convinced me to buy two books, Date and Kroenke.  Can you
    tell me who publishes them and about how much they cost?

Priced according to what the market will bear (> $40 each).

     < Stephen

Date: Addison-Wesley, 1986 ISBN: 0-201-14201-5 (v.1) someone borrowed
vol.2 so I don't know the ISBN for that.

Kroenke: SRA, 1983 ISBN: 0-574-21320-1

Leslie Walko

p.s. Since you are buying Kroenke, wouldn't you rather have Thompson
over Date.  Kroenke has several good chapters on the relational model
and the material in Date is just icing on the cake.  Unless you will be
programming in SQL, you could save some money and get Thompson who
covers current semantic and object-oriented ideas.  In case you
do, here is Thompson: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1989; ISBN: 0-442-31838-3

Good luck!