How do I find out what the HARDWARE ethernet addresses of our 3650 hosts are.

    Date: Thu, 22 Feb 90 14:25 PST
    From: BUCKMAN@ALAN.kahuna.decnet.lasc-research.lockheed.com (Eric
	  Buckman)

    If I do a:  Show Machine Configuration
    command on a host that is a 3670, it includes the entry:

    IO Paddle Card (P/N 170162, Serial 1268) in LBus slot 12 -- PADDLE side:
	Manufactured on 5/18/86 as rev 1, functions as rev 1, ECO level 0
	Ethernet Address: 08-00-05-02-A0-27.

    Which tells me that that machines HARDWARE Ethernet Address is 08-00-05-02-A0-27
    does anybody know how to do that for 3650's ???  (By the way, our XL400 DOES
    also give us the needed information.)

I remember reporting this bug over 2 years ago.  Seems it has fallen through
the cracks.  Anyway you can get the information you want by evaluating the
following form on the 3650.

(let ((interface (first neti:*interfaces*)))    1;Assuming host is not a gateway
0  (send interface :unparse-address
	(send interface :local-hardware-address)))

This will tell you the current hardware address of the interface, not
necessarily the one in the PROM on the IO paddle, since it can be overridden by
the FEP :Set Ethernet-Address command.

For information about hardware addresses of other machines that yours has
communicated with, you might want to examine the output of the following form.

(send (first neti:*interfaces*) :describe-protocols)