'386-based delivery

Many thanks to all respondents to my original query.
For anybody who has an interest, here is a transcript of all
messages that I received:

From:	IN%"ai.gooch@mcc.COM"  "William D. Gooch" 10-FEB-1990 00:38:06.09
To:	PAYER%atc.bendix.com@RELAY.CS.NET
CC:
Subj:	386-based Lisp delivery platform experience anyone?

We have had a very good experience using Symbolics' CLOE software to
move lisp code to MSDOS 386 machines (UNIX is targetable with CLOE
also).  We now have a beta copy of CLIM for CLOE which we've been too
busy to try out yet.

I'de be happy to try to answer any specific questions you have about our
experience using CLOE.  One "interim compromise" you may have to make
pertains to CLOS performance.  Depending on what you are doing, current
CLOS implementations may prove too slow for you.  Fortunately, (new)
flavors are supported for CLOE.