Re: ZMACS Lisp-Mode-Hook

    Date: Tue, 6 Mar 90 12:41:23 EST
    From: hall@aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Marty Hall)

    I was looking back over my lispm-init file, and noticed a kludge for which
    I have long been procrastinating on finding the "real" solution.

    I wanted to set it up so that whenever I edit a lisp file, I automatically
    get auto-fill-lisp-comments mode and electric-character-style-lock.
    There is no "if-appropriate" function for these, so I first tried

    (login-forms
      (setq zwei:lisp-mode-hook
	'(lambda ()
	   (zwei:com-auto-fill-lisp-comments-mode)
	   (zwei:com-electric-character-style-lock))  )
    )

    This, of course, does not work because these functions are toggles:

    [...]

    Any suggestions?

				    - Marty Hall
try
(lambda ()
  (turn-on-mode 'auto-fill-lisp-comments-mode)
  (turn-on-mode 'electric-character-style-lock))

BTW there is (in rel 7.4) an
   electric-character-style-lock-if-appropriate

bruce
miller@cam.nist.gov