Re: Genera 8.0 Announcement

    Date: Mon, 05 Mar 90 18:17:25 -0500
    From: magerman@linc.cis.upenn.edu

    When I buy any machine, be it a PC or a Lisp Machine or whatever, I
    assume that all of the documentation will come with that machine, in a
    physical form.  The cost of providing documentation should be built in
    to the cost of the machine.

I think Symbolics is doing better than the norm in this department.  Symbolics
supplies a full manual set when you buy a machine, and they will supply one
for every five machines you have when you upgrade to 8.0.  That's a better
deal than any other workstation vendors that we buy from.

How many full sun manual sets did you get when you upgraded your suns to 4.0?
Sun doesn't even supply a full manual set when you buy a new SparcStation.
Nor did they supply us with more than just one sun common lisp manual for all
our machines.

Apple doesn't supply "Inside Macintosh" manuals when you buy a MAC.