about time

    From:  pc@flash.bellcore.com (Peter Clitherow)
    Date: Fri, 09 Mar 90 10:58:00 EST

    Is there not a more rational solution than "calculating the drift of the
    clock [surely temperature dependent, among other factors?] and resetting
    it every now and again"?

It checks every six hours.  The interval between checks is
of course modifiable.

In the absence of access to the atomic clocks, I've used the
mentioned time hack for a number of years.  Truly a major
convenience.  I have had no problems with it at all and it
keeps the system time correct within a second or two
(certainly within the limits of my ability to press RETURN
in synch with the telephone time lady's beep).