SYS:PRINT-SELF for CLOS.

I have just performed a reasonably major Flavors to CLOS conversion
under Genera 8.0 Beta using the Conversion Tools.  I was very pleased
with how well it went (took about two days) and the Conversion Tools
worked like a charm.

The application is almost running again but I have one problem to deal
with.  Under Flavors I have defined many methods for SYS:PRINT-SELF.  If
I try to simply convert them to CLOS methods, I get the following
compile-time error:

1Error: SYS:PRINT-SELF was previously defined as a function, but is now being used as a generic function.

CLOS-INTERNALS::REDEFINING-FUNCTION-AS-GENERIC-ERROR
0   Arg 0 (CLOS-INTERNALS::FUNCTION-NAME): SYS:PRINT-SELF
   Arg 1: NIL
s-A, :    Remove the previous definition.
s-B:           Skip compiling form (CLOS-INTERNALS::DEFMETHOD-INTERNAL 'SYS:PRINT-SELF ...)
s-C:           Skip compiling form (CLOS:DEFMETHOD SYS:PRINT-SELF ...)
s-D, :    Editor Top Level
s-E:           Restart process Zmacs Windows

I think what the error actually means is that SYS:PRINT-SELF was
previously defined as a Flavor generic function and now I'm trying to
redefine it as a CLOS generic function.  Naturally, I don't want to
"Remove the previous definition."  But it's not particularly clear to me
what I really should do.

Surely there must be an straightforward way to deal with this?