Zmail and Gnu Emacs rmail interoperability

    Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 11:24 PDT
    From: shirley@parc.xerox.com (Mark Shirley)

    Has anyone successfully used both Zmail and Gnu Emacs rmail on the same babyl
    file (e.g., by running Zmail on your workstation at work and rmail on a
    terminal from home)?  I have tried this in the past and have been bitten by
    slight differences in the file format so that Zmail couldn't parse all of the
    message headers saved out by rmail.  Is some incantation necessary on either
    side to get them to work together?
    Thanks,
	    Mark

Put the following in your .emacs file:

(setq rmail-babyl-compatibility " ")

This makes RMAIL produce true Babyl format files.

Also, I've had problems if I've used RMAIL's summary buffer or I've
edited a message using RMAIL's "w" command, so I don't use these
features.

                                                barmar