Locatives and Class slots

    Date: Tue, 22 May 90 08:41 PDT
    From: snicoud@atc.boeing.com (Stephen L. Nicoud)

    I'm converting an application using New Flavors to use PCL on a
    Symbolics 3650 (7.2).  I have several cases where the code uses a flavor
    instance variable as an argument to SCL:LOCF.  The resulting locative is
    then used with SCL:PROCESS-LOCK and SCL:PROCESS-UNLOCK.

    I can't seem to get the same functionality with class slots.

    Would anyone care to make suggestions about how to proceed?  Is there a
    way to get a locative to a PCL class slot?

Wait for Genera 8.0 before doing the conversion.  Symbolics CLOS allows
LOCF to be used with slots.

With PCL you probably need to use internal functions to get at the
representation, and then use LOCF with that.

                                                barmar