Re: Locatives and Class slots

  Date: Tue, 22 May 90 08:41 PDT
  From: "Stephen L. Nicoud" <snicoud@atc.boeing.com>
  Subject: Locatives and Class slots
  To: commonloops.pa@xerox.com, slug@warbucks.ai.sri.com
  cc: snicoud@atc.boeing.com

  I'm converting an application using New Flavors to use PCL on a
  Symbolics 3650 (7.2).  I have several cases where the code uses a flavor
  instance variable as an argument to SCL:LOCF.  The resulting locative is
  then used with SCL:PROCESS-LOCK and SCL:PROCESS-UNLOCK.

  I can't seem to get the same functionality with class slots.

  Would anyone care to make suggestions about how to proceed?  Is there a
  way to get a locative to a PCL class slot?

I have made additions to VD PCL that provides LOCF and LETF support.
I have not had a chance to add this to MayDay! Mayday! PCL.  The basic
idea is to extend the walker to handle LETF, and define optimizers for
slot-location.  It is a bit tricky because of how with-slots works,
but it shouldn't be much different than before.  I can send you what i
have if you like.