Future of Customer Support???

    Date: Tue, 29 May 90 10:37 EDT
    From: Johanna Rothman <JR@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

First and foremost, thank you for the reply.  Thanks also to Chuck Fry
for correcting me on the facts.  [Had I not been misguided about the
facts, I would have kept my mouth shut.  --That's hard!]

Having read your reply --and similar arguments by barmar-- I believe
that moving Customer support is a reasonable managerial change.  Other
policy changes you outlined also sound positive, and may indeed improve
service.

	[main text deleted]

    I expect to have more concrete information about the upcoming changes
    during the next couple of weeks, and a full report at SLUG. As we get
    issues resolved, you will be notified. The goal of the software support
    function (and the group performing that function) is to provide at
    least the same quality of service you currently receive.

    Johanna Rothman

The only thing that I would hope for is some means of communicating this
sort of information to the users.  There is probably little or no
"marketing advantage" in keeping this secret so more timely communication
with users would avoid users getting all worked up over rumors.

Leslie Walko