8.0: Timers; Scheduler Sluggishness; Remote Terminal Status Line

    Date: Mon, 11 Jun 90 11:46 EDT
    From: Dodds@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Douglas Dodds)

      Of course, everybody should
    convert to using new timers as soon as convenient.

Some of us might like to wait for "Periodic Actions" to be made public,
as all of our timers use the (:FOREVER <period>) option.  The
documentation that recommends converting away from timer queues
references them.  The online documentation says "TBD", the manual
doesn't describe them at all, and the interface functions are internal
symbols in the PROCESS package.  Nothing in the system appears to use
them, so I'm not too sure of their stability.

                                                barmar