Request for a unix shellscript and lispm server to start up remote X screens?

We're beginning to use release 8 via X remote screen.  (Right now, I'm logged
in to my lispm from home via an NCD X terminal, a modem and a sun, and it
works pretty well.  Thank you to all who worked on symbolics X.)

Has anyone written a unix command to ship the contents of the DISPLAY shell
variable over to a lispm and have it do a Start X Screen back to the
appropriate display?  I've been doing this by telnet'ing to the machine,
typing :start X screen and killing the connection, but it should be
straightforward to write a server on the lispm side and a shellscript or
something on the unix side.

 - Mark