Request for a unix shellscript and lispm server to start up remote X screens?

    Date: Tue, 12 Jun 90 13:15 CDT
    From: dmitchell@backus.trc.amoco.com (Donald H. Mitchell)

	Date: Tue, 12 Jun 90 11:44 EDT
	From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	Note that the UNIX-REXEC server uses the same criteria as the EVAL
	server: the client host must be trusted, and the Lispm must either be
	logged out or have called NET:EVAL-SERVER-ON.

    I can't find any documentation on NET:EVAL-SERVER-ON (not in DocEx index).
    What does it do?  How does it relate to NET:REMOTE-LOGIN-ON?  Is it supported
    (it is exported from net)?

EVAL-SERVER-ON is similar to REMOTE-LOGIN-ON, and I don't know why two
separate functions were implemented.  REMOTE-LOGIN-ON is checked for
interactive remote login sessions, while EVAL-SERVER-ON is checked for
one-shot evaluation servers.  Distinguishing them is kind of silly,
since there's nothing you can do with one that you can't do with the
other.

I suspect that EVAL-SERVER-ON isn't documented because the EVAL server
itself isn't documented, nor is there any built-in client for the EVAL
server.

                                                barmar