Anybody got a version of tar for Common Lisp or Rel 6??

    Date: Mon, 25 Jun 90 10:13:23 -0500
    From: forbus@cs.uiuc.edu (Kenneth Forbus)

    Maybe I should have been clearer.  Tapes are not what I'm looking for.
    The ability to do all the standard operations on tar >> files << is
    what I'm looking for.  (If you aren't a unix weenie, the -f flag
    specifies a destination, which can be a file.)  The idea is that one
    is constantly shipping around large systems, consisting of several
    nested directories.  In the unix world making a tar file is a good way
    to do this.  That file can then be ftp'ed, or put onto a DOS or MAC
    floppy, or even copied onto a tape.

I believe that the code in TAR-TAPES.LISP tries to support tar files
(most of the code deals with generic streams) although I recall some
bugs in this regard.

                                                barmar