Statice limitations

Our group is investigating the applicability of Statice to our project
(a switching system prototype).  Outside of the obvious objection that
Statice is not (yet?) integrated with CLOS, we are also concerned about
the limits it imposes on database update - or more correctly, the
information lost when certain kinds of updates occur.  In particular,
the inability to modify an entity type's inheritance lattice (without
deleting all existing entities of that type) is a serious restriction in
comparison to the redefinition freedom that Flavors itself possesses.
Has anyone found a way to loosen this restriction, or has Symbolics
promised to loosen it in a coming release?

	Lawrence G. Mayka
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	lgm@iexist.att.com

Standard disclaimer.