macivory color problem

The Macintosh tracks the mouse and reports its position to the Ivory.

The Macintosh is not aware of the color screen and thinks the mouse is
moving about on its b&w screen.  The Ivory is then adjusting the
relative position as if it were on the color screen.  But the values
reported by the Macintosh are understandably limited to the region it
knows about.

The only way to fix this problem that I could think of is to make the
Macintosh aware of the color screen.  Then it would report coordinates
from the combined desktop which the Ivory could resolve into or the
other of its corresponding screens.  This need not preclude the Ivory
drawing directly to its screen buffer via the NuBus, as I understand it
does now.