Re: problem with ux400

    Date: Mon, 2 Jul 90 13:49 EDT
    From: davel@whutt.att.com

    I thought that's what subject lines are for.  If the subject doesn't
    interest you, you delete the message without reading it.

Hey,  look at the subject line of *THIS* message, which is copied
from the one *YOU* sent.  Subject lines just don't cut it as a filter
mechanism.  Automatically deleting ones with "BUG" is too dangerous.
Manually deleting it is too tedious.  And sorting through several hundred
messages, even if I only have to look at the subject lines, is simply
too much.

    Why?  Would scanning through the subject lines really be too much of
    a personal hardship?

Yes, it would.

    I'd have no objection to separating SLUG-BUGS off, provided Symbolics is
    willing to carry both lists on dialnet.  I don't use dialnet but a
    large fraction of the SLUG community does rely on it.

Me neither, but I'm surprised you haven't asked how many daily
bug messages Symbolics gets.