Using Unix as a file server for SYS

    Date: Fri, 20 Jul 90 18:02 CDT
    From: dmitchell@BACKUS.trc.amoco.com (Donald H. Mitchell)

	Date: Fri, 20 Jul 90 14:59 EDT
	From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	    Date: Fri, 20 Jul 90 10:13:48 EDT
	    From: pga@crl.dec.com

	    I understand you're using unix file servers as a repository for all
	    your LISPM SYS files.  Are there any things to worry about or steps to
	    switching over besides the obvious step of changing logical pathname
	    host to the unix system?

	[...]
	SYS:SITE;, SYS:IP-TCP;, SYS:NFS;, and SYS:EMBEDDING;RPC; should be on a
	Symbolics file server, since they must be accessed before NFS is loaded.

    I'm using a UX and don't have any of these on a Symbolics.  I do, however,
    have the namespace files in a small lmfs file system in the UX nameserver's
    host's drive.  Is your message above only for non-embedded machines?

Sorry, I meant to mention that.  UX400S systems have these systems
loaded in the distribution world, so there's no bootstrapping problem.

                                                barmar