Re: Poor Sun timings, as competition...

    Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 13:54 EDT
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

	o Compiler is slow.

    I first mentioned this to the person who asked me to use compilation as
    the benchmark.  I said that compilation speed is not something Symbolics
    has worked on significantly.  His response is that he doesn't care *why*
    compiling his code takes a long time in Genera.  If compilation speed is
    his concern, then he'll prefer the system with the fastest compiler.

Bubba sez: M-sh-C.  And as he has said before, ignorance is truly bliss
(even the truth is relative).