Status of TI

    Date: Mon, 13 Aug 90 19:19 PDT
    From: snicoud@atc.boeing.com (Stephen L. Nicoud)

	Date: 14 Aug 90 00:25:53 GMT
	From: lgm@iexist.att.com

	MIPS can do this very easily today.  At one time Texas
	Instruments was expressing interest in adding functionality
	to the SPARC design to run Lisp better [...]

    [...], but I guess I remember seeing
    somewhere that the project withered away. [...]
    Rumor also has it that TI stopped all new Lisp
    development on July 1 of this year. [...]

    Steve

TI didn't show up at AAAI.  Of course, you all know that TI withdrew its
knowledge based system shells (PC Easy, PC Plus, etc) around a year ago.
My personal opinion is that TI didn't help anyone but did hurt several good
companies.  However, I wonder if Symbolics would have come out with the Ivory
without TI's competition?

Don Mitchell			dmitchell@trc.amoco.com
Amoco Production Company	(918) 660-4270
Tulsa Research Center