Re: Lispm in the Sangre de Cristos

    Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 15:35 PDT
    From: weaver@RUSSIAN.SPA.Symbolics.COM (Eric Weaver)

	Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 15:41 MDT
	From: paul@PERSEPHONE.aegean-sea.dialnet.symbolics.com (Paul Cross)

	You probably...

    Gee whiz, wish *I* could get  away with this kind of message...

    Were you not aware that this sort of direct advertising is proscribed?

Perhaps the right thing to do about this is for SLUG (Inc.) to publish
its list of consultants over the SLUG mailing list.  SLUG (Inc.) would
be doing the Symbolics users community a favor by listing who we (those
of us who are on DOD contracts or in universities) might go to to get
extra programming help.

I don't know the letter of the NSF regulations on all this is but I do
believe such a listing would be in the spirit of what I understand them
to be.  (I suspect direct advertising of private businesses is against
that spirit.)

Of course, such a listing would probably indicate that SLUG, Inc., does
not specifically recommend any of the consultants on the list.