[non]Status of TI

    Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 18:11 PDT
    From: GAVAN@SAMSON.CADR.AMIS.COM (Gavan Duffy)

    I don't know that you can fault TI too much for trying to generate profits.
    It seems to me that the real villian is whoever gave them access to the
    technology in the first place.

    I wonder why they did it.

My understanding from my ex-LMI friends (ex-LMI, not ex-friends) is that
TI bought up a significant minority stake in LMI before entering the
Lisp Machine business.  It is possible to imagine a number of different
scenarios where that stake became a conduit for technology transfer from
LMI to TI.