Re: Who's not deallocating a resource?

    Date: Thu, 16 Aug 90 14:12 EDT
    From: barmar@Think.COM (Barry Margolin)

    A little while ago a number of processes on my machine were stuck in
    "Big Packet buffer".  Luckily, you can hit c-m-Suspend and there's an
    "Allow more big packet buffers" proceed option.  However, I'm worried
    that there's a memory leak somewhere.

    Does anyone have any useful techniques for finding out who isn't calling
    NETI:DEALLOCATE-BIG-PACKET when they should?  I'm not sending this
    problem as a bug report to Symbolics yet because I've recently done some
    patching to TCP/IP and it's quite possible that it's my own fault.

						    barmar

I reported a buffer problem with the UX400s that wouldn't deallocate buffers
if it tried to use LISPM-FINGER to a host that was down. This looked like a
big packet problem for a while. Also there were some big packet bugs in some
of the TCP code that I researched fixes for; I can send them on to you
offline.
----
 Brad Miller		U. Rochester Comp Sci Dept.
 miller@cs.rochester.edu {...allegra!rochester!miller}