Help with CLOS slots

    Date: Tue, 11 Sep 90 15:42:07 EDT
    From: sims@starbase.MITRE.ORG (Jim Sims)

    I can't seem to locate a function call combination to get just the
    NAMES of the slots defined for a class - CLOS::CLASS-SLOTS gets the slot
    descriptors, but the NAME is internal to the descriptor and I haven't come
    on a convenient way to get at it.

The function CLOS:SLOT-DEFINITION-NAME does what you want.  I'm not sure
what its status is.  It is exported from CLOS, but not documented
anywhere as far as I can tell.  I've used it to make a variant of
DEFMETHOD that does what you describe above.