window inits help

    Date: Wed, 12 Sep 1990 15:31 EDT
    From: sims@starbase.MITRE.ORG (Jim Sims)

     Is there a way to force ANY windows that get created after booting
    (forever!) to be initialized with :deexposed-typeout-action :permit?
    Seems like a trivial thing, but...

I didn't take the time to construct a test case, but it occurs to me
that something like FLAVOR::FLAVOR-DEFAULT-INIT-PUTPROP might be useful
in doing what you want.

Disclaimers, Warnings, etc.:

 - Who knows whether there's some program which depends on this
   option not being set.  Probably you won't have many problems,
   but you never know...

 - I 1strongly0 recommend that if you do this, you do it only for
   something like dynamic windows, and not all windows, since
   :DEEXPOSED-TYPEOUT-ACTION :PERMIT is a real problem on some static
   windows if :MORE-P gets turned off and screen-wraparound occurs
   (because previous screenfuls will get lost).  At least on a dynamic
   window you can scroll back.  (And even if think you never use static
   windows any more, it still won't hurt you to set it only for dynamic
   windows just in case someone loads an application that does...)