Re: printing to a unix box

	    How can I print from a symbolics to a unix box (e.g. sun)? I assume
	    that I need some sort of service on the symbolics to talk to the lpd
	    server on the unix box.

	You don't need a service on the Symbolics, you need a protocol.  In
	Genera 8.0, load the "RPC", "Embedding-Support", and "UX-Support"
	systems and you'll get the UNIX-LPD protocol defined.

	                                                barmar

Thats correct, of course, but there is much simpler way to load the
unix-lpd software.  Unix-lpd really has nothing to do with RPC, nothing
to do with Embedding-Support, and nothing to do with UX-Support.  Just
load it (the file sys;embedding;ux;unix-lpd) on top of IP-TCP.

This also applies to the unix-rsh and unix-tape software which can
be found in the same directory. (Famous last words: I have compiled and
loaded unix-lpd in the manner described, but I haven't actually used it.)

- Steve Olson
  MIT Lincoln Laboratory
  olson@juliet.ll.mit.edu