file compress

Does anyone have a file compress/uncompress facility for the Symbolics? It
would be nice if it were compatible with the UNIX compress, but that is not
required.

Also, I need to compress both 8-bit and 16-bit files, but if it only works on
8-bit files I will be very happy.

The obvious question is, of course, is there such code on the Symbolics
already?

Please reply by email to the address below. I will summarize and post if there
is a solution and enough interest.

Thanks in advance.

--
Stefan Roth
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!spr