Re: Dumb memory compatibility question

Memory boards are interchangable among 3600(all types), 3640, 3645,
3670, 3675.  However, we once had a problem with an early memory board
(one of the first 100, as I recall) that worked fine in a 3600 but had a
problem in a 3645.  At the time there was some speculation about data
path lengths (but I'd also speculate that one machine or the other may
have had voltages out of spec).  However we change memory boards among
all of the above machines without giving it a second thought.