Overlapping windows

I have the following situation: Window-2 overlaps Window-1; they have the same
superior (the frame of a program framework) and are both dynamic windows.

               +--------------------+
               | Window-1           |
               |                    |
   +--------------------+           |
   | Window-2           |           |
   |                    |           |
   |                    |           |
   |                    |           |
   |                    |           |
   |                    |           |
   |                    |-----------+
   |                    |
   |                    |
   +--------------------+

I want to display information in Window-1 while Window-2 hides it partially.
I found out that I can do that if Window-1 has deexposed-typeout-action =
:permit and save-bits = t, Window-2 isn't a temporary window and the variable
tv:screen-manage-update-permitted-windows has an integer value.

Now my problem: the presentations in Window-1 are not mouse sensitive while
Window-2 overlaps it.  It is also not possible to track the mouse in Window-1
(with dw:tracking-mouse).

Does anybody have a workaround for my problem?  I really would appreciate
help.

Andreas Girgensohn
andreasg@boulder.colorado.edu