Hardcopy problem/annoyance

The following is a skeleton of some code that I am using to make images
on our hardcopy printers, a Symbolics LGP3 and a postscript printer hung
on one of the local UNIX machines.  In all cases, the output consists of
two pages, the first blank and the second containing the desired image.
Am I doing something wrong?  Is Symbolics doing something wrong?   Or,
if the extra page is justified by some arcanity that I don't understand,
how do I get in on the joke?

(WITH-OPEN-STREAM (STREAM (HARDCOPY:MAKE-HARDCOPY-STREAM
			   HARDCOPY:*DEFAULT-BITMAP-PRINTER*
			   :LANDSCAPE-P T))
  (GRAPHICS:WITH-ROOM-FOR-GRAPHICS (STREAM 100 :FRESH-LINE NIL
	                                       :MOVE-CURSOR NIL)
     (GRAPHICS:DRAW-STRING "X" 50 50 :STREAM STREAM)))