printers -- (etc) -- a little experience

I have used a QMS postscript clone attached directly to the ethernet.
My use has been somewhat limited, but very successful. Making the lispm
talk to the printer was pretty easy (thanks to copious advice from
MMcm@titania.oberon... or somthing like that).

Unfortunately the owner of the printer moved it from the e-net
to a Sun serial port, and I don't feel like trying to get all the
lpd stuff working.

So - yes, at least one non-Adobe postscript printer has been shown to
work, it sits directly on the net, and has large paper trays and
a higher print speed.
strip