printers -- printers -- printers

I don't know any specific answers to most of your question, but here's a
general suggestion: Use a Unix box as the spooler rather than a Lispm.
For whatever Postscript printer you get, you'll probably find it easier
to get drivers for Unix than for Genera.  I don't know how easy it is to
extend the Genera spooler to support new interfaces (e.g. printing via
Ethernet rather than serial); one hopes that the use of flavors would
make this relatively easy, but the lack of a well-defined interface
specification often makes up for this.

                                                barmar