Joshua differences on ivory and 36xx

I just tried to bring up Joshua on an xl1200, and even the
simplest things fail, like Show Joshua Database pops into the
debugger. There are other, only slightly more subtle, quirks
as well. The same release, v 223 on a 3640 running 8.0 works.

Is this well known? Is there a fix, or at least an explanation?
(I did report this to customer-reports, but as my maint contract
is currently in limbo, I suspect the black hole treatment,
(which has, in the past, been sometimes indistinguishable from
the treatment one gets when the maint contract is current. ;-)
))

Thanks
strip
drstrip@cs.sandia.gov