Conversion to ANSI Common Lisp via FUTURE-COMMON-LISP

    Date: Sun, 6 Jan 1991 10:06-0500
    From: Charles Hornig <Hornig@RIVERSIDE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: Mon, 10 Dec 1990 11:59 EST
	From: lgm@iexist.att.com

		DEFSTRUCT -- I assume that FUTURE-COMMON-LISP:DEFSTRUCT is
			upward-compatible with LISP:DEFSTRUCT, including its
			physical representation of structures.

    Thew new DEFSTRUCT's physical representation is not compatible with the
    old one if you do not specify the :TYPE argument.  The old one used an
    array with the named structure bit set, the new one uses an instance.

Thank you.  My own experiments showed that old and new DEFSTRUCT types
cannot inherit from each other, either.  I'll have to keep the two forms
distinct.

	Lawrence G. Mayka
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	lgm@iexist.att.com