More on the xl3600

    Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 10:22:17 MST
    From: drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (David R Strip )

    In his description of the xl3600, peter paine writes:

	 The FPA option is a 125 Transputer hypercube coprocessor which can also
	 be used to run concurrent Lisp through shared memory.

    I'm baffled ;-)
    Why does a machine of this class have an FPA option. I would think it should be standard
    equipment.                                   ^^^^^^

It's already pretty fast without it.  You'd have to be pretty desperate
to need to accelerate it even more.

    I'm even more baffled by how you configure 125 nodes as a hypercube.

Sounds like a four-dimensional hyper-pentagonal-prism, with five nodes
along each edge.

                                                barmar