C vs. Lisp

    Date: Tue, 22 Jan 1991 14:14-0500
    From: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Kent M Pitman)

    If we are ever to solve the problems of interoperability, we need an
    external source of a checklist (a Manual Of Uniform Linguistic Features)
    which assigns names to all linguistic features so that (a) you can
    compare on an even plane what features are supported by languages and
    what are not and (b) you can cross-call between languages when the level
    of support you need on both sides is the same.

Just thought I'd mention that there is an ANSI and/or ISO committee that
is supposedly working on language interoperability.

                                                barmar