A C machine?

    Date: Wed, 23 Jan 91 11:30:20 -0700
    From: s9274%srl1@LANL.GOV

	     There seems to be a tendancy to equate lisp to a symbolics
	     development environment. I could, given the genius which
	     SYmbolics initially had and several years to do it, probably
	     create a similar environment (with all the fault tolerance --
	     and bugs) on a UNIX box.

	 I wish someone would get the stroke of genius to do this.  Given
	 the arguments I've seen on this subject it should be relatively
	 easy to do in C.  It's already been done once, the second time
	 around should be better, no?

    A C machine? Pardon my ignorance, but could you enlighten me as to what
    you are referring when you say "It's already been done once" ?

    John Krieger
    Westinghouse Savannah River Company
    s9274@srl1.lanl.gov

I was referring to the symbolics development environment.  Or rather
duplication of it in C on a UNIX box.  Sort of like GNU.  Only it's
called GNG (GNG's not Genera).