Changing the mail window's console

    Date: Thu, 7 Feb 91 15:54 CST
    From: dmitchell@trc.amoco.com (Donald H. Mitchell)

    The following works (went from hi-res b&w sun monitor to low res X windows and
    didn't blink an eye):

    ;;; -*- Mode: LISP; Syntax: Common-Lisp; Base: 10; Package: ZWEI -*-
    (defun grab-zmail-window ()
      (send *zmail-window* :set-superior (tv:mouse-default-superior))
      (multiple-value-call
	*zmail-window* :set-size
	(send (tv:mouse-default-superior) :size)))

I think you might want to use the :INSIDE-SIZE message to the screen if you
ever want to make this work on a Symbolics console.  The main screen has a
"border", the white (or, I think, settable gray) bits outside the actual
screen, useful for hacks such as the GC thermometer.  On my machine, for
example (a 36xx, but the lesson is probably the same on the XL machines, I'm
confident):

  (send tv:main-screen :size) => 2048 791
  (send tv:main-screen :inside-size) => 1067 748

If I were to set my Zmail window's size to the former, it could never be
exposed.  In fact,

  (send zwei:*zmail-window* :size) => 785 748

because I like to have my Zmail window the same width as the editor (it's
right-justified on the screen instead of left-justified).