Genera 8.1?

    Date: Wed, 13 Feb 1991 14:37 EST
    From: Dodds@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Douglas Dodds)

	Date: Wed, 13 Feb 1991 13:09 EST
	From: delaney@xn.ll.mit.edu (John R. Delaney)

	David Strip's question prompts me to ask if Genera 8.1 is being
	distributed already? Our salesthing is frequently a bit slow with such
	information.

	If it is being distributed, could someone sketch the highlights of what
	it fixes/adds?

    Genera 8.1 is not being distributed yet.  You would have heard the
    trumpets.  Really.  We presently expect to ship it late in the second
    quarter of calendar 1991, but there will be a real announcement when
    things are firm.

    A list of the major features will also come with the official
    announcement.  To whet your interest, a couple of notable fatures are
    (1) netboot for Ivory machines, (2) a transparently reimplemented table
    facility with much-improved performance.

And of course, one of the other notable features of Genera 8.1 is CLIM
support.