[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Here is our problem:
We have a symbolics connected via decnet to a vax. This vax accesses a
uucp server (central in Belgium) thru a software named "Decus UUCP for
the vax". Everything seems to work quite well, except that decus uucp
adds lines at the top of message headers (probably to be recognized by
vms-mail which is the mail system used here locally).
* Received: from NRBV01 by MILOU via DNA with DNA-MAIL id 4932; Thu, 21-Feb-91 06:56:00-+0100
* Date: Thu, 21-Feb-91 06:56:02-+0100
* From: UUCP%"firstname.lastname@example.org"@NRBV01
* Subject: IFIP symposium on integrated net mgt
* To: keunen
Received: from nrb by nrb.be (DECUS UUCP w/Smail);
Thu, 21 Feb 91 06:54:33 +0100
Received: from uu.psi.com by nrb.be (DECUS UUCP w/Smail);
Thu, 21 Feb 91 06:07:10 +0100
Received: by ub4b (5.64+/ub4b_01)
id AA06971; Wed, 20 Feb 91 23:08:31 +0100
<other Received: lines>
Received: from romano.cs.wisc.edu by nisc.nyser.net (5.61/2.1-)
id AA17931; Wed, 20 Feb 91 15:27:25 -0500
Received: from localhost by romano.cs.wisc.edu; Wed, 20 Feb 91 14:31:13 -0600
Subject: IFIP symposium on integrated net mgt
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 91 14:31:12 CST
From: Dave Cohrs <email@example.com>
Lines marked with * are added by Decus uucp. The problem is that
because of this format, all header lines are shown in the message
(otherwise, the useless lines are skipped which is handy).
The question is : How do I avoid this problem?
- is there a configuration for this type of header?
- do I have to remove the * lines from each message
(and lose the ability of automatic reply)?
- if I have to remove the lines, how do i do that?
(are there mail macros or do i have to look into
I'd appreciate any help (pointers would also be good).
Thank you for your help.