rexec

I am trying to write an application on the symbolics that drives a package
that runs on the sun.  The application on the sun has a simple text-driven
interface.  I've been trying REXEC, but with little success.  I followed the
example in the remote command execution documentation, e.g. opening a stream
with tcp::make-rexec-stream, followed by reading and writing to the stream
to make my commands and listen for the results.

Opening a toy unix shell, as shown in the example, works quite well, sending
the input to UNX, and getting back output as soon as it's generated.  My desired
application, no matter how I try to execute it, doesn't return any output until
it is exited.  I need the output to come back in a more interactive fashion.

Any ideas?  Is my question clear?

alames@sandia.gov