Re: C vs. Lisp

  Date: Wed, 23 Jan 91 10:26 EST
  From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind <Qobi@zermatt.lcs.mit.edu>
  Subject: Re: C vs. Lisp
  To: kanderso@dino.bbn.com, barmar@think.com
  cc: KMP@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com,
      gooch@tijeras.sw-sw.dialnet.symbolics.com, magerman@neon.stanford.edu,
      SLUG@warbucks.ai.sri.com, Qobi@ai.mit.edu

  As an aside, I have several questions:

  1. What is the latest version of xlisp that is available? I have sources
  for 2.0 but those are dated from several years ago.

  2. Does anybody know where I can get a precompiled version of the latest
  version of xlisp for MSDOS? I just bought a laptop and don't have a C compiler
  for it.

  3. If I couldn't get a precompiled version of xlisp for MSDOS, does anybody
  have any recommendations as to which C compiler to buy? What are the
  price/performace/feature distinctions considering that the main reason of
  purchase would be to compile xlisp, though I might do some C programming on
  the side?

  4. What is siod and where can I get a copy?

Sorry to take so long to reply to this.  Here is some mail on how to get
xlisp (actually xlibstat that contains xlisp 2.1) and siod.