Crippled X?

   Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 21:23:21 EST
   From: rjb1@gte.com

   Now, I'd like to get a listener client to run on the lispm, so that I
   can do all the interface on the window-serving Mac.  I suppose I could
   learn enough CLX to define such a window, but this must be a common
   need.  Yet, I haven't found anything promising with any
   apropos-snooping I've tried.  Where should I be looking?

   For extra points, why can't _all_ the Symbolics windows be X clients?
   That's how the UX boards work, right?  So, if I've loaded UX and/or
   Embedding Support, why isn't all this available?  Or is it?

You need to load X Remote Screen, which is part of Symbolics's X Window
System layered product (except it is bundled with UX machines, since they
can't be used without it).  X Remote Screen translates all Symbolics window
system operations to X operations.