8.1 on CD ROM

With the great news of Genera 8.1 finally being actually released, and
with all the talk of the distribution being available on CD ROM, I would
very much like to know just who can use the CD ROM distrubution?  What
kind of hardware configuration must one have?  How is the software read
off the CD?

For example, we have a cluster of 36xx machines, a Sun 3/260 with a
UX1200S in it, and a Macintosh with a CD ROM drive (Well, the CD ROM
drive isn't actually here yet, but it will be soon).  Note that there is
no Ivory in the Mac, and there is no CD ROM drive on the Sun.  All of
this equipment is connected via ethernet.

So, can a configuration like this make use of the CD ROM distribution?
If so, how?

James Lawton
Rome Laboratory
Griffiss AFB, NY   13441-5700
(315)330-2973

email: lawton@ra.radc.af.mil

Disclaimer:	The opinions and views expressed here are MINE!
		They may not reflect those of the Rome Laboratory,
		the US Air Force, or most anyone else.