raw stream to lgp2

    Date: Wed, 12 Jun 91 09:22:07 -0600
    From: drstrip@cs.sandia.gov (David R. Strip)

    How do I create a stream to a postscript printer that just sends
    the chars without interpreting them? I can't seem to figure it
    out, though it should be easy. Thanks

I don't know if this is the "official" way to do this, but

  (send <printer> :hardcopy-device-stream nil)

returns a binary stream which gives "direct" access to the printer (by
way of the spooler, if one is running).  If you want a character stream,
use SI:THIN-CHARACTER-STREAM on the result.

You can also always write postscript to a file named <whatever>.PS,
which, when printed using the Hardcopy File command, will be interpreted
as raw Postscript.